Henderson County, NC – What a year!
While 2020 was riddled with a lot of frustrating moments and a new way to doing life, it was still full of moments to celebrate. And if there ever was a year for economic developers to roll up their sleeves – it was 2020.
The year highlighted the importance of job creation, business retention, and planning for the future. So, without further adieu, here are the reasons we’re celebrating the year 2020:
- Historic Industrial Park Development – Henderson County, the City of Hendersonville, and the Economic Development of Henderson County executed a three-party agreement to purchase and prepare the Garrison Industrial Site for future economic development activity.
- Target Market Analysis Plan & Execution – In June of 2020, the updated strategic plan was complete. While COVID eliminated a big roll out, the team began working on digital marketing campaigns, virtual site tours, and new ways to interact and add value for existing industry.
- Strong Project Activity – In November, the Partnership presented projects in public hearing totaling over 200 Jobs and $43M in investment. Jabil Healthcare announced its plan to open a new manufacturing facility – bringing 150 jobs and $38M to Henderson County. In December 2020, Low Impact Technologies (LIT) announced it’s very first manufacturing facility would be opening in Henderson County. LIT plans to create 60 new jobs and invest $5.15M in machinery and building improvements by 2025.
- Made in Henderson County – Cohort II was launched and marketing for Cohort III began. The best is yet to come for this collaborative program.
- Member Support – Your continued support protected us during uncertain times. We’ve been able to maintain our day-to-day business while stretching to new heights in this new normal.
While this year may look different than we all imagined, we hope that you can find your own moments of celebration. Happy holidays and we’ll see you in 2021!